- Grass cutting is a very frequent process especially in the summer months
- How to’ guide to help you look after a lawn
- any mower needs to be properly adjusted to ensure the leveled shape of grass can be obtained.
- all mowers must be fitted with an engine safety cut-off switch.
- cutting blades must be removed completely from the mower.
- brakes on a mower must be in a good condition and it must be operating on at least 2 wheels.
- non-stock mowers must only be used with an automatic throttle closing device.
- pump gas must be the only fuel used.
Fast, On-time, and Accurate Offshore Property Preservation Support that helps you Reduce Costs and Process More Orders
- Vertimowing : Vertimowing is a methodology of getting rid of nearly all of the surface vegetation of a lawn all at once with the use of specialized machines.
- One-time lawn mowing : used as a method of de-thatching by forcefully lowering the mowing height and getting rid of most of the surface vegetation in a single mow.
- Slowly reducing mowing heights : reducing mowing heights slowly over several mowing sessions is likely the safest technique to control it.
- Always follow the following guidelines when removing thatch :
- More frequent lawn mowing leads to better results.
- After thatch treatments do not mow again until the lawn is showing good signs of health and repair from the previous mowing.
- Never de-thatch during the hottest summer months as this will stress the lawn. The best time to start the process is at the start of spring or autumn.
- Do not fertilize the lawn during the repair process.